LAST QUARTER: at 10:20 am AEST* on 30th November to all day on 6th December. (No sowing this phase.)
This is a good phase for weeding, preparing beds and garden maintenance.
NEW MOON: at 3:22 pm AEST* on 7th December to 9:50 am on 15th. (No sowing on 7th.)
This is a good phase for sowing and planting out leafy annuals (we eat the leaf or stem), flowering annuals, sowing green manures and applying liquid fertilisers.
• • PLEASE NOTE: that daylight saving is in effect in the ACT, NSW, SA, TAS and VIC, also in NZ.
* AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) is 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
• QLD: currently exact to AEST.
• ACT, NSW, TAS and VIC: currently add one hour to AEST for daylight saving.
• SA: currently add half an hour to AEST for daylight saving.
• NT: currently add half an hour to AEST for daylight saving.
• WA: currently subtract 2 hours from AEST.
• New Zealand: currently add 3 hours to AEST for daylight saving.
Finding Local Time
As converting AEST to local time zones can be confusing for gardeners, it is easy to find the local time for the change of phase by going to Time converter.
Enter ‘Sydney Australia’ and the time of the change of phase. In the second line, enter the capital city closest to your local time zone. Then click on the ‘Convert time’ button. Or use The time now.